Personal information protection philosophy
Nippon Fiber Optic Co. (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") has established rules for the handling of all personal information (hereinafter referred to as "personal information") in the course of providing services to customers, and is committed to the appropriate protection of personal information. (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") has established rules for the handling of all personal information (hereinafter referred to as "Personal Information") and strives to protect Personal Information appropriately in providing services to customers.
- （１）We shall comply with the provisions of the Telecommunications Business Law pertaining to the Personal Information Protection Law and Secrecy of Communications, as well as other related laws and regulations.
- （２）We will comply with the Guidelines for the Protection of Personal Information in the Telecommunications Business (August 2004) and the Guidelines for the Protection of Personal Information in the Telecommunications Business (August 2005). (Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications Notification No. 695 of March 31).
- （３）We will appropriately manage all personal information we handle.
- （４）All persons engaged in our business will protect various types of personal information and live up to the trust placed in them.
- （５）We shall take necessary and appropriate security control measures to prevent unauthorized access to, loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage of information, and shall strive to improve such measures.
Acquisition and Purpose of Use of Personal Information
（１）Identification of purpose of use
We use the personal information we obtain, such as name, address, telephone number, etc., for the following purposes
［Handling of inquiries to our company, procedures for shipping products, and requests to delivery companies］
（２）Disclosure of personal information
When we receive a request from a member for disclosure of his/her personal information, we will respond to the request after verifying the member's identity. We will also promptly respond to requests to correct the content of personal information.
（３）Use and provision of personal information
We will acquire customers' personal information to the extent necessary to provide services, and use and provide such information within the scope of the purpose for which it was acquired.
（４）Provision to third parties
We will use personal information within the scope of the purposes for which it was obtained, manage it in an appropriate manner, and use it only for the purposes for which it was obtained.
We will not disclose or provide personal information to third parties without first notifying them of the recipient of the information and the purpose for which the information will be used and obtaining their consent. However, this does not apply in the following cases Our provision of personal information to third parties is as follows
- ・In the event that a compulsory disposition is made pursuant to Article 218 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (seizure, search, and inspection based on a warrant) or other provisions of the same law.
- ・When the requirements for a disclosure request based on Article 4 (Request for Disclosure of Sender Information, etc.) of the Act on the Limitation of Liability for Damages of Specified Telecommunications Service Providers and the Disclosure of Identification Information of the Senders have been fulfilled.
- ・When we deem it necessary for the protection of life, body, or property.
Contact for Inquiries
For inquiries regarding the handling of personal information held by the Company, please contact the following Nihon Fiber Corporation Personal Information
1489-1 Oaza-Mitsumaru, Okawa City, Fukuoka, Japan
Last update：September 1, 2023